Author Topic: VertexAttributeModifier.cs question  (Read 3482 times)

helios

VertexAttributeModifier.cs question
« on: April 29, 2016, 09:44:14 AM »
Hello, this is a common/popular script that I often see that lets you animate individual characters on a text object. Can someone point me to a version that is compatible with Unity 5.3.4 and 1.5.2 2b? Thanks!

Stephan B.

• Administrator
Re: VertexAttributeModifier.cs question
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 12:32:09 PM »
Hello, this is a common/popular script that I often see that lets you animate individual characters on a text object. Can someone point me to a version that is compatible with Unity 5.3.4 and 1.5.2 2b? Thanks!

There are updated versions of it in this thread http://digitalnativestudios.com/forum/index.php?topic=31.msg7188#msg7188. The latest release of TextMesh Pro includes a new example (14) which includes updated scripts.

helios

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 03:04:17 PM »
Thanks - I'm trying this out, but for some reason when I update TMP (by deleting the old folder) all of my text objects are screwed up.. Text is offset and chopped/masked off. I was previously using the plain Text Mesh Pro scripts and after the update, I no longer see that option in the menu - it's UGUI. Does this have to do with anything? If I re-create a new TMP objects it looks fine. Am I going to have to reset things manually  :-[? Thanks.

Stephan B.

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 03:30:34 PM »
Thanks - I'm trying this out, but for some reason when I update TMP (by deleting the old folder) all of my text objects are screwed up.. Text is offset and chopped/masked off. I was previously using the plain Text Mesh Pro scripts and after the update, I no longer see that option in the menu - it's UGUI. Does this have to do with anything? If I re-create a new TMP objects it looks fine. Am I going to have to reset things manually  :-[? Thanks.

As per the Release Notes - Note (4), you will need to adjust the _ClipRect property due to a change that Unity made in 5.3.

The normal TextMesh Pro component is located in "Create - 3D Object - TextMeshPro - Text". The TMP component for the Canvas is located in "Create - UI - TextMeshPro - Text".

If one of the components is not visible in the menu then you likely have some compile error due to an old script which might need to be updated. For example, as per the release notes from the prior release, the TextMeshProFont class was renamed TMP_FontAsset. Until those changes are made in your scripts to correct the compile errors, the components will not be available.