Author Topic: 2 questions from a newbie regarding using TMP with Playmaker and DOTween  (Read 1554 times)

jn2002dk

Hello

Let me preface this by saying that i'm a designer first and foremost. I've dabbled with coding but i'm not very good at it so i try to avoid it as much as i can

First of all, i love the rendering and the effects in TMP. Well done!

I am however having some trouble passing text from Playmaker to TMP. I'd like to use TMP for dynamic text in my game so i need to be able to change the text at runtime. I thought i could simply use Set Property but sadly there is no text property available when i do this in PM

Is there any reasonably easy way to get them to talk together? I simply need to pass a string from PM to TMP, that's it

Also, when i attach a DOTween component to a TMP UI it says it lacks the component to animate it. Am i missing something obvious or do they not work together?

I'm sorry if these are obvious questions - i did try google search and a forum search but couldn't find anything about these things

Any input is much appreciated :)

jn2002dk

Well i figured out the Playmaker part and i'm only slightly embarrassed  ;D

So i only need advice on the part with DOTween

Stephan B.

• Administrator
Well i figured out the Playmaker part and i'm only slightly embarrassed  ;D

So i only need advice on the part with DOTween

I am not really familiar with DOTween, so I would suggest reaching out to its author unless another TMP user can provide some insight here.