Author Topic: August 1st - Pre-Release Beta Period Ending!  (Read 3055 times)

Stephan B.

• Administrator
August 1st - Pre-Release Beta Period Ending!
« on: June 30, 2016, 07:35:01 PM »
On August 1st, I am planning on finally releasing Version 1.0 of TextMesh Pro. As such, the pre-release beta period will be coming to an end. Along with the release of version 1.0, the price for TextMesh Pro will be increased to $95 USD as the 30% beta pre-release discount will no longer be available.

It has been an amazing journey thus far and I am grateful for the amazing support and feedback you have provided me as users over the past two years. Thanks to all of you, TextMesh Pro has evolved and grown to include a lot more features than I had originally planned for this 1.0 Release.

One of the things I have learned over the past two years of working on TextMesh Pro, is that text is much more sophisticated and complex than I had every imagined. As such and although TextMesh Pro already includes a ton of features compared to UI.Text for example, there are still so many features and improvements that I am looking forward to adding certainly enough to keep my busy for months / years.

New Releases will continue to be first available in the "TMP - Alpha & Beta Releases" section of the user forum. Then based on user feedback, these releases or some of them will eventually make their way to the Asset Store.

As previously mentioned, your feedback has been a major driving force behind the inclusion of many new features and improvements so please feel free and continue to reach out to me with your questions, suggestions, feedback as it makes a huge difference and is greatly appreciated.

Once again, thank you so much for your support.

Haynophguard

Re: August 1st - Pre-Release Beta Period Ending!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 08:54:51 AM »
Although my team never bought an asset besides TextMeshPro from the store, we did purchase a lot of license to commercial libraries on our past projects.
Out of all those, TextMeshPro has the most responsive and the best support.
Stephan was very helpful with problems we encountered with his product, and as willing to add any features that the community desired.

So many features that we felt it lacked eventually got added.
We are excited to see how much improvements it would be getting in the future.

Because how TextMeshPro tends to break after every Unity x.y+1 updates due to API changes, I was afraid that it would eventually lose support.
Based on my personal experience and observation, I no longer have that doubt.

I'm so happy for Stephan and I genuinely wish all the good luck for him and his studio.

Thrawn

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 12:22:43 PM »
Hi Stephan,

Congratulations for this milestone!

I started half and a year ago building some cool business app extensions with Unity and TextMesh Pro was part of the foundation of that. I can't imagine any business / serious UI without the quality and flexibility TextMesh Pro provides.

Now, I'm an Asset Publisher as well, and have some several succeeding assets as well on the Asset Store. Can say that your level of support has been inspiring for me and as of today I enjoy providing the best support I can to my users as well.

Only the best recommendations come to my mind when thinking about your phenomenal text rendering plugin.

Congratulations and yes, I'm sure you'll be quite busy for years to come as text is on the basis of any project. I'm sure your user base will continue to grow steadily.

Keep up the good work Stephan!

Stephan B.

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 11:17:50 PM »
@Haynophguard & @Thrawn : Thank you so much for the kind comments :)

milliemag

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 10:17:11 AM »
That's awesome! I'm excited to see the updates. I really like how TextMesh Pro works, and I appreciate the quick responses on all my issues. Much better than a lot of other asset publishers.

Best Regards,
MillieMag

Stephan B.

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 03:31:44 AM »
Looks like end of day tomorrow I should have a new release available. Version 1.0.54 ...

P.S. I simply could not bring myself to calling this version 1.0 after I have released like 30 prior versions lol.