Author Topic: TMPro.TMP_InputField - Assembly version updates & causes dirty scene every time  (Read 282 times)

ADanto6840

Alright, so I've been putting up with this one -- admittedly a minor annoyance, in the grand scheme of things -- for more than a year on our current project.  Tonight, I've decided that it's worth the 10 minutes to write this up and see if a resolution is out there or can be implemented upstream (I've looked at non-serializing the field a few times but hate to hack up the source & make upgrading require more thought next time, heh).    Anyways, I'd really like to stop having to run 'git checkout ...SceneFile' every night and multiple times each day.

Here's a screenshot of what our diff looks like:  https://imgur.com/a/x6JiL

To reproduce this in our project we would simply:
  • Open a scene in Unity which has a TMPro.TMP_InputField in the scene
  • Save (with no actual changes anywhere) the scene via CMD+S (we're on macOS)
  • Run git diff and enjoy the updated assembly version

I'm not sure if this is happening for everyone, ie on a clean-slate project, or if it's an artifact of some static option that we perhaps have set somewhere?  I know we do use JSON.NET for game serialization and we have tweaked the assembly/version stuff;  we also have some "Build Date" stuff that determines the date-of-build via assembly version, though after a quick skim of it I didn't spot any noteworthy or suspect statics.  Or is this just happening for everyone?  =D

Thanks in advance for any guidance or direction on this -- is definitely not a critical issue, but if solved via this post then I figure the 10-minutes spent on the post will end up net positive after just a month or so;  totally worth it!  ;)  =)

Ty!

ADanto6840

Respectful bump.  ;)

If this is expected behavior that's fine, just wondering if it's unique to our setup...

Ty!

Stephan B.

• Administrator
Respectful bump.  ;)

If this is expected behavior that's fine, just wondering if it's unique to our setup...

Ty!

Thank you for the reminder :)

I don't see anything specific about the TMP Input Field that would cause the Assembly version to be modified. I suspect this behavior might be unique to your process or something about this JSON.NET, etc.