Author Topic: TextMeshPro blurry in Fullscreen  (Read 348 times)

OneMoreLevel

TextMeshPro blurry in Fullscreen
« on: April 15, 2018, 09:26:26 AM »
What am I doing wrong :'(
Shouldn't TextMeshProUGUI looks sharp in every resolution?

Stephan B.

• Administrator
Re: TextMeshPro blurry in Fullscreen
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 12:19:04 PM »
It should on the Gameview when using a CanvasScaler. In the SceneView, it can end up  fuzzy since the same shader cannot render the same text at two different scale so it picks to prioritize the GameView which the end user is looking at.

Also make sure the scale of the text object is uniform. Make sure you do not have softness applied.

OneMoreLevel

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 10:24:38 PM »
Actually the first and second screenshots are made from build in fulscreen mode.

Stephan B.

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 11:21:47 PM »
The text should be clean and sharp so something / settings is causing this behavior.

Are you able to reproduce this with a new / simple scene with text? That might enable you to identify the cause of this blurriness. If not and you are able to reproduce this, please provide me with such Repro scene and I'll take a look.

BTW: What version of Unity and TextMesh Pro are you using?

OneMoreLevel

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 02:48:25 AM »
Resurrecting old topic:

So I started a new project (Unity 2017.4.9f1) and imported only TMpro (Release 1.2.2-2017.3).
Case is the same as before with fullScreen =  true:

Here is link to project: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TwWl6EuOJZbeS-CDIGpPBUCzaJFROh6w/view?usp=sharing

It would be great if you could look at it and write me is this normal behaviour or not.
Don't know what to do with sprites in different resolutions - they became blurry as well.

Stephan B.

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 03:29:47 AM »
This is strange in the sense that the text could become blurry as a result of the SDF Scale not being correct when entering full screen mode. However, this should have no effect on the sprites and yet in this case it does.

I will take a look at the provided sample this weekend but I suspect this is graphic related and not specific to TMP but as usual exposed by TMP.

I'll provide an update when I have more information.

OneMoreLevel

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 02:30:38 AM »
Any news on this one?

Stephan B.

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 09:37:22 PM »
The same behavior can be observed with the Canvas UI Text object in your scene.

For instance, if you set the resolution to 640 X 480 and use full screen mode, even the Unity logo is all blurry. This is simply because everything is rendered at 640 x 480 and ends up being scaled to whatever full screen resolution is which in my case is 3840 x 2160.

Switching to fullscreen doesn't change the target resolution. So unless you change the resolution to match full screen, you'll keep getting this scaling.