Author Topic: Issues with <link> tag  (Read 33 times)

walkerb

Issues with <link> tag
« on: November 09, 2018, 05:27:55 PM »
Hey Stephan --

Our team has found the <link> text to be really useful as, basically, CSS. We just attach a script to dialog boxes that goes through the associated TMP_Text's textInfo.linkInfo and modifies associated letters' colors and positions (for instance: "They won't even look at me because I don't have <link="ironic">school spirit</link>").

There are two TMP-side behaviors that I'd call bugs, which makes implementation harder for us:
 - A <link> tag doesn't automatically close if </link> isn't typed at the end of the text -- instead, the entire link is ignored
 - Nested links (<link="ghost">I might be dead, but I still don't care about <link="ironic">school spirit</link></link>) cause an error inside TMP.

Are these known issues? Is there a timeline for fixing them?

Thanks!

Stephan B.

• Administrator
Re: Issues with <link> tag
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 01:56:17 PM »
- A <link> tag doesn't automatically close if </link> isn't typed at the end of the text -- instead, the entire link is ignored

This is normal behavior as the tag itself is finalized in the closing portion.

- Nested links (<link="ghost">I might be dead, but I still don't care about <link="ironic">school spirit</link></link>) cause an error inside TMP.

Nested links should work so I will have to verify this. Please note that although nested links were not designed to be nested and conceptually kind of strange. It does make sense for your use case.

Also see the following release note for version 1.2.2
Fixed an issue where using nested links (which doesn't make sense conceptually) would result in an error. Should accidental use of nested links occurs, the last / most nested ends up being used.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 02:04:37 PM by Stephan B. »