Author Topic: Text along a curve  (Read 62242 times)

paveldk

Re: Text along a curve
« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2017, 08:31:21 AM »
The script works fine for me until I disable the parent object. When I enable it back again my text stops being curved :S Any suggestions

xyz_dave

« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2017, 09:47:36 AM »
I know this is an old post, but I tweaked the Warp Text Example to allow setting up in the editor, and to make it work when you disable and re-enable the object.

This works for Unity 2017.2 (and needs the relevant TM pro version or you may get runtime errors about materials)

Hope it helps someone else - this thread certainly helped me.

MS80

« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2018, 11:43:30 AM »
Well I finally put together a somewhat-generalized solution. It's difficult to programmatically decide on the right parameters based on text length, radius, and the available space -- which must then be expressed as start/end angles. But good enough for now, I suppose.

(Attachment Link)

This looks awesome MV10! This is exactly what I need, text on arcs / circle. Could you please share how you did it? Did you use SplineText.cs as base an inserted some arc math??
Please, let us know how you did it! Here is a small example of what I would like to achive:

39thstreet

« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2018, 02:52:02 PM »
Before I keep plugging away at this myself, has anyone taking the WarpTextExample and added more axes to the curve editor? (E.g. allowing warping outside the vertical plane, so I can bend the words around a cylinder or other 3d shapes)?

I'm already started on it and I've got a pretty good idea what I need to do, but this feels like something someone would have done already?  I see it's possible with the megafiers plugin, but anything free/cheaper than that?

TIA!