Author Topic: Ability to save and load FontAssetCreation Settings  (Read 1990 times)

Sharkbombs

Ability to save and load FontAssetCreation Settings
« on: January 18, 2016, 02:33:29 AM »
Sometimes you need to change a FontAsset afterwards (mostly to add a few characters) and it'd be great if you could save the settings you had used last to regenerate the new asset with the same settings.

Stephan B.

• Administrator
Re: Ability to save and load FontAssetCreation Settings
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 02:36:26 AM »
Sometimes you need to change a FontAsset afterwards (mostly to add a few characters) and it'd be great if you could save the settings you had used last to regenerate the new asset with the same settings.

This has been requested and certainly on the list of features I would like to add.

Stephan B.

• Administrator
Re: Ability to save and load FontAssetCreation Settings
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 11:21:08 PM »
Today I added the ability to retrieve characters from an existing font asset. Although this isn't the same as having the ability to save and load settings, I believe this will address one of the key element of the need for such feature which is the ability to easily add or remove characters to an existing font asset.

Since the padding value and atlas resolution are listed in the Font Asset Editor as well as in the Debug section of the Material inspector of the Default Material of that font asset, looking up the value should be simple. Given that most of the time a font asset is regenerated to add or remove characters which may result in altering the padding or atlas resolution choice, saving those values isn't that beneficial anyway. At least, I am not sure of a use case where that would be necessary.

Here is an image of the revised Font Asset Creator - Character Set Selection using the Custom Characters option

I will also be modifying the Custom Range and Unicode Range to allow for the same functionality.

Here is the revised panel for the Unicode Range
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 02:26:21 AM by Stephan B. »